Frequently Asked Questions:
- I didn't receive my activation e-mail and can't login to my account.
- When will my ad appear?
- What type of payment methods do you accept for upgraded listings?
- How do I find listings by City or State?
- How do I suggest additional categories?
- How do I respond to an Ad?
- How can I get notified about future upgrades to the system?
- My search results keep coming up with no matches. What am I doing wrong?
- My question wasn't answered here. How can I get additional help?
Some e-mail providers, especially Yahoo and other free accounts, will treat e-mails from our site as spam and put them in your bulk/spam folder, or may defer the e-mail for several days, or block them all together. If you don't receive your activation e-mail within 5 minutes, first check your spam/bulk mail folder. If you don't see it there, follow these steps:
- Add stephen @ freemusiciansclassifieds.com (without the spaces) to your allowed sender list.
- Go to the login page and try to login with the user name and password you used when registering. The next page will tell you that your account hasn't been activated yet, and will provide a text link to have the system resend the activation e-mail.
- If you still don't receive the activation e-mail within another 5 minutes or so, please contact us, and be sure to include the e-mail address and user name you used when registering, and we will manually activate your account (note that we don't have full time customer support, so please be patient and we will respond as soon as possible).
Due to abuse by spammers, all ads are now put into a pending status and are not published until reviewed and approved by the site admin. Keeping the site free from spam and scams is a top goal. Sorry for the inconvenience, but most ads are reviewed and approved within a day, usually within a few hours.
We use PayPal as our payment processing system. You can pay through PayPal with Credit Card or direct debit from your bank account. PayPal is the safest and fastest way to pay, and nobody from our company ever sees your credit card or other payment information. If the payment is successful, the money is directly sent to our PayPal account and your ad is posted immediately after you are redirected to our site.
If you are not comfortable using PayPal for any reason, you can also send us a certified cashier's check or money order. If you choose that option when you place your order, we will send you an e-mail with a payment address after we have reviewed your ad. Your ad will NOT appear until after we receive the check and have allowed sufficient time for it to clear our bank.
This used to be much more difficult with our old system. However, the new system we use makes it much easier since the ad poster's location is shown in the quick summary listings when you browse any of the ad categories. In addition, by using the Search functions of the software, you can easily find ads from others in your area. The new software allows you to search by Country and State (currently US States only), in addition to specific categories and category specific fields.
Please fill out our online contact form to suggest new categories, report bugs, or make any other comments.
GUESTS: In order to cut down on spam and automated bots, Guests are not allowed to respond to ads. In order to respond you must register for an account and respond to the verification e-mail before your account will be activated.
REGISTERED USERS: If you are registered and logged into the system, at the very bottom of the ad listing, you'll see several small icons and text links showing your available options. Click the "Contact The Owner" text link to send a private message to the person who posted the ad. Fill out the contact form on the next page and click the "Submit" button. This will send a private message to the owner without revealing your e-mail address (unless you list it in your message). The owner will get an e-mail notification from our system that they have a new private message, and that e-mail will show the text of your message. They can then login to our system to read and respond to your message.
When you register for the system or modify your user profile, make sure you check the box near the bottom that says "Join Newsletter". We will be constantly expanding and upgrading this system whenever we make enough from our sponsors and advertisers to do so. So please support our sponsors! We promise that we won't sell or give out your e-mail address to anyone, and we will only send out e-mails to you for important information regarding the system or our web sites.
That simply means there aren't any ads that match your criteria. Try making your search settings less specific. Depending on the category you try to search in, there may be many options that appear that you can choose from for your search. Choosing any of those selections will limit the results to listings that match those specific selections. If you leave any field blank, not choosing any of the check boxes or drop down menu choices, then it will show ads with any results from that field.
The new software for our site was just put online on December 7, 2008, and we had to start all over with no ads since the new software is not compatible with the old ads database. So, it will take some time to build up a reasonable amount of ads again. Also, to keep our system current, all free ads automatically expire after 30 days unless the owner renews them.
Please fill out our online contact form to send us your questions, report bugs, or make any other comments.